translate

pengunjung

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Nikki Reed on Ending 'Twilight' and Recording an Album

Nikki Reed may have played her share of "bad girls" but off the screen, the beautiful and ...


Nikki Reed on Ending 'Twilight' and Recording an Album
Nikki Reed on Ending 'Twilight' and Recording an Album
Nikki Reed may have played her share of "bad girls" but off the screen, the beautiful and intelligent actress keeps her wits about her. 

For the holidays, she has teamed up with CIROC, Sean Combs, and Esquire for the "CIROC Safe Rides Campaign," which will help get many revelers in major metropolitan areas home safely on New Year's Eve. That day, CIROC brand ambassadors will distribute "Safe Ride" cards redeemable for transportation (in New York, Miami, and Houston, they will be redeemable for taxis, black cars, and liveries. Those in Chicago will get CTA cards and those in Atlanta will get MARTA cards). 

"This campaign is such a great way to help keep people safe," Reed tells PARADE. "Its a wonderful resource for people during the holidays. It is always better to be safe than sorry. The holidays are such a busy time for everyone, that it's important to not only take responsibility for yourself but those around you, as well." 

The actress also talked about her new passion, her marriage, and moving on from that famous vampire franchise: 

On how 2013 is looking
"I shot four really cool movies this year and I am so excited to see what comes of them. I am also excited to expand my music and my jewelry line with Pascal Mouawad because those are two projects that are very close to my heart."

Her New Year's resolution. 
"I want to become a better runner. We chose to run our first half marathon in December and now we have lined up five for 2013." 

People have said you and Paul [McDonald, her husband] could be the next Civil Wars. What do you think about that? 
"I think that is the most flattering thing that I have ever heard. We are obviously inspired by groups like The Civil Wars. In no way do we feel that we can compare ourselves to them, but it gives us something to work towards." 

Are they working on a full-length album? [note: their EP was released earlier this fall. Find it here.]
"We sure are, we are writing this month and recording in February. We hope to have something out in the beginning of next year! 

Has the end of Twilight sunk in yet? 
"Twilight, as well as all of the other projects that I have been working on this year, have kept me so busy that I haven't even had time to process that Twilight is over. I'm sure that once things die down, it will sink in."

What do you think you'll let your kids watch first: you in Twilight or Paul on American Idol
"We will probably start with American Idol so that they can be inspired musically, but we hope that they enjoy both."

You are a big dog rescue advocate. How did it become a passion for you and any plans to adopt more? 
"It all started with my mother. She loves animals and every week there was a new addition to our family when I was growing up. I now work with Bark n' Bitches to help spread awareness on how many homeless doggies there are. I love volunteering and giving my time to all of those animals, because they give so much back to me." 

You've expanded to music and fashion but what about your writing? Do you have any new screenwriting projects in the works? 
"Yes, I am constantly writing. I write monthly on my blog, and have several screenplay ideas in my head. Hopefully I can execute one once I can focus and give all of my attention to my writing. I also love the idea of someday writing a book!"

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogger news

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Archives

Followers

Popular Posts